7 Ways to Help for Little to No Money
- Like, Comment, and Share our posts on Facebook and Instagram. If you follow us on social media, this is a super easy way to help us increase our reach and engagement so that more people see our posts, which hopefully turns into more awareness and support for our mission. Word of mouth is one of the most effective ways to help us grow. Make it personal, and share why you choose to support CHM!
- Sign up for AmazonSmile. I think just about everyone uses Amazon to shop. Amazon has a program where they donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to the charity of your choice at no cost to you! All you have to do is go to smile.amazon.com, and choose “Cabaret Haiti Mission” as the organization you want to support. You’ll have access to all the same prices and deals offered at Amazon.com. If you shop through the app, just go to the settings and turn ON AmazonSmile. **We are running a little challenge right now through the end of July: whoever recruits the most people to sign up to support CHM through AmazonSmile will win a free t-shirt!
Here’s the direct link to begin supporting CHM: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/47-1880469
- Find out if your employer has a matching gift program. Many employers have a matching gift program where they will match contributions or volunteer hours their employees have made to an eligible non-profit. There are usually specific requirements, so you’ll have to check with your employer to see what those are and whether your donations to CHM would be eligible to be matched; and then, you’ll have to submit a request based on your company’s guidelines. We have a few donors already doing this, but I think this is something most people don’t think to check!
- Create a personal fundraising campaign on special occasions. Many people are using their birthdays or Christmas to raise funds for charity in lieu of gifts. This has grown in popularity on Facebook, and we also have the ability to do this directly through our donation software. All you have to do is create an account at chm.reachapp.co (if you don’t already have one), and create your own “campaign.” There are several themes to choose from, and you can add pictures and content to personalize it however you wish! This is a great way to get others involved and share about our work.
- Download the RoundUp App. This app will round up your purchases to the nearest dollar and donate the change to your chosen charity each month. You can set a minimum goal and maximum amount that is donated each month, and that cumulative change gets deposited directly into our account when you choose “Cabaret Haiti Mission” as your charity. It seems small, but those pennies add up; and it’s a no-brainer! Check it out here to learn more and get started: RoundUp App | Donate Your Change to Nonprofits.
- Donate your time and skills. Do you have a special skill or access to services that could benefit CHM? We have several fundraisers that happen each year. There is a lot that goes into planning and preparing for those, and often very limited funding. Do you have access to print signage and materials? Do you have skills in graphic design? Accounting? Photography/videography? Let us know if you have a particular skill that you are willing to use to help, and we’ll let you know if there is a need!
- Sell items on eBay for Charity. If you are someone who likes to sell things on eBay, they have a program where you can select a charity and donate 10-100% of the purchase price of your item to that charity (eBay will also waive the same percentage in fees). They will automatically send CHM the donation, and you will get a donation receipt. Click here to learn more: Home – eBay for Charity